Back to work

I’ve just finished reading week and it’s time to get back to work.  Getting back into the groove is always hard, including blogging again.  I realize it’s been a while since my last post and it was mostly due to midterms and hell week.  This is going to be a long post due to having to wrap up previous releases and talking about the upcoming 0.7 release.  I won’t make this intro too long so I’ll just get on with it…

0.5

In this release, we got 3D up and running!  It’s fairly old news but exciting nonetheless.  I’ve taken some of Corban‘s examples (which he was using to show if the functions were working or not) and put them on my matrix account.  This first demo was a test with translate and how it was working improperly when first put in (please note that you’d need a WebGL enabled browser to view 3D… like Mozilla’s Minefield).  It has been fixed and is currently working within that demo.

The picture above is a comparison of Processing and Processing.js.  It links to the other demo that previews the ortho() function is working as intended.  And by that, we mean it’s working exactly how Processing is doing it.

0.6

I didn’t do too much for the 0.6 release.  Like I said, I was a bit busy with midterms and assignments.  I did try to do what I could and pitch in where I could help.  I did more than half the peer reviews submitted.  I’m not going to list them all since there were so many… but almost all of them did end up getting checked-in so you can look through this list if you wish.

I did add one function, applyMatrix().  It wasn’t a tough one to add… it was mostly just a simple wrapper but I didn’t expect some of the complications I did have.  I ended up making a demo/example to make sure it worked properly.  More details about my problems can be found here.

0.7

For this upcoming release, I’m going to finish beginCamera() and endCamera().  So, we can have some 3D Camera movement.  I’ve already got an idea of how this can be implemented involving the modelView and cam matrices.  There maybe even some use of the 3d matrix stack that I’ve previously created.

I’ve also added two more items to put in for this release.  One is to implement a working dist for 3d.  This should be fairly simple by using an existing PVector.dist() function and wrapping that to work with this.  The second is an important function which I’ve yet to determine if it will be easy or hard.  Mainly due to my not having that much experience with this particular problem.  I’m going to implement the much needed PGraphic.  Now, this could be very elaborate or as simple as recalling the p object into a buffer.  I’m going to talk to Corban/F1LT3R/humph more about this particular function/object.  I’m not exactly sure on where to start either.  So, that would be some good advice to begin with.

Well enough chit-chat… that’s my update and it wasn’t as long as I thought it would be.  Now back to work…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: